SIgn up for the 2018 season is closed.
thanks to all our subscribers!
The D.U.G. Salad Subscription is a delicious way to eat salads with fresh, locally grown, seasonal, and nutrient dense produce in a convenient manner. The Salad Subscription is evolved from a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) model. Purchasing a subscription provides you with weekly shares of farm fresh goodies focusing on items you would use in salads.
The Full Plate option will provide roughly 5 full sized salads. This is a ideal for someone who packs a salad for lunch, or eats a salad with every dinner.
The Half Plate option will provide 3-4 full sized salads. This size is ideal for you if you if you like to pack a salad for lunch or eat salad with some dinner but also prefer to dine out a few nights a week.
*All the contents are cleaned vegetables in their raw state. This is a service for people who want to craft their own salads (this is not a prepared meal subscription.) All produce will be washed but we request that you rinse your veggies before you consume them.
What foods to expect?
- Greens: Spring Mix, Spicy Mix, Autumn Blend, Spinach, Lettuce varieties, Head Lettuce, Arugula, Mustard Greens, Kale & Swiss Chard.
- Seasonal vegetables: Radish, Turnip, Beets, Carrots, Tomatoes, Peppers, Herbs. Items may be sourced from other local growers to help add variety to your weekly shares.
2018 Season Dates:
Spring Session: April 26th - July 12th (12 weeks) - FULL
Fall Session: August 23rd - November 8th (12 weeks) - FULL
Note: There is no summer session due to the difficulties in growing quality greens in our high heat/humidity.
Pick up details:
All weekly shares will be picked up at the DUG FarmStand (5085 Meredith Drive in Des Moines) ANYTIME during open hours. The main pick up day will be Thursdays. Picking up on Thursday allows you to personally select the specific items available for the week. For example, you get to choose which red slicers you would like. If you decide to pick up on a different day, your items will be prepackaged and ready for you to grab and go!
- Salad Subscribers will receive weekly emails from your Urban FarmHer, Jenny. The emails give an update on the happenings at the farm, let you know what you are picking up for the week, tips on how to store/preserve your veggies, recipe ideas, and more!
- Salad Subscribers get the added benefit of receiving extra produce when items are abundant!
- New this season: flexibility on weekly pick up. Feel free to swing by anytime the FarmStand is open!
- 25% any Dogpatch Urban Gardens t-shirts or reusable totes.